Monday, March 23, 2009

We All Have ADD

I have a short attention span, you have a short attention span, we all have short attention spans! So thank the journalism gods for Newser, which cuts down top stories from all over the internet to concise, 1-3 paragraph blurbs. As a budding journalist I'm torn about this: I'm grateful because I want to know what's going on in the world but don't have enough time/patience to wade through my Google Reader (which I NEVER use). But I'm also pissed because um, I want people to read what I write, not just go over to Newser and pick out the boring, dry bones of the story. What's the point of being a good writer if everyone's just going to read the essentially bullet-pointed facts of your piece? LAME. Whatever I'll still use it for all those stories about Michelle Obama's upper arms.

-Jess

1 comment:

Amber said...

you'd like shortformblog.com, i bet.

--twitter.com/amberleighn