Tuesday, March 10, 2009

American Bitch

(As always, click for bigger.)

So I was looking over which classes I still need to take to fulfill my English major. One of them is a Critical Theory class, which, ew. Another one is American Literature, which I've put off for the past three years because the only thing I hate more than colonial-era American literature is the idea of going to class at 9:30 am to listen to someone lecture about colonial-era American literature.

But I'm just gonna have to suck it up and take the class and do my best to not fail out, because that's the way the world works. When I register for classes in a few weeks--on 4/20, actually--I will have to sign myself up for not only The Worst Class Ever but also a recitation. And hey, look at that, all the recitations are on Friday. Hooray! This class gets better and better.

-Josh

P.S. If you are a TA for this class or even the professor, don't hate me. It's not you, it's Walt fucking Whitman.

8 comments:

Jess and Josh said...

LOL at you blaming this on nathaniel hawthorne aka worst writer ever

Jess and Josh said...

wait LOL you made that tumblr? LOL!!

Vanessa said...

uhhh i took both brit lit 1 and american lit 1 second semester sophomore year and had recitation BACK TO BACK on friday from 9:30-12:15 because both only offered them on friday. aka, that sucks a lot but it could be worse? idk this is me trying to be comforting.

also, re: "yeah i just made that tumblr..." tag...i am dying by myself in my room. legit LOLing. so thanks for that :)

Jess and Josh said...

Walt Whitman and Nathaniel Hawthorne: two people I would not want to be stuck in an elevator with.

-Josh

Linds said...

how are you a senior english major who has not taken a Critical Theory course yet? WHAT ARE THEY TEACHING YOU AT THAT SCHOOL?! I almost hyperventilated. I swear. That shit will change your life. Good luck.

Marshall said...

2 among numerous reasons why Walt Whitman was the daddy:

1) made out with Oscar Wilde.

2) smart enough to die when he moved to Camden, New Jersey.

ashley said...

I have a power point on Walt Whitman

ontheloo said...

GASP. Walt is my hero!