Sunday, March 15, 2009

God Fucking Damn It Stupid Comedic Movies Disappointment Me More Than Even The Most Heartbreaking Guys

Real post from Miami on the way, obviously, but I had to let you know--right now!--that Step Brothers, that 2008 Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly actin' doofy screwball flick, fucking sucked. The trailers made it look hysterical! Ferrell and Reilly are both talented, funny dudes. But I don't know, man, I was stoned so this movie really had everything going for it, but it blew. Reilly and Ferrell aren't spoiled forty somethings; they're middle-aged men with development problems, because they act like retarded orphans. That's the movie. "John C. Reilly is a retarded orphan who wears American Apparel briefs everywhere." The film has its moments, as you'd expect it would, but I was expecting near-Love Guru*-type levels of hilarity...damn. Adam McKay, I hoped for more from you than this. I guess I hoped wrong. What would Pearl have to say about this sad sack of shit you called a movie? Probably "Jldajofejaguhagtfkdsadja," which would be the sound of her vomiting up all her childhood wonder. Step Brothers: wasting my time, ruining children's lives. Nice work, fellas.

-Josh

*Pre-actually seeing the movie, when it still looked like the last beacon of comedy to me and Jess.

No comments: