Saturday, March 28, 2009

Car Crashes

My little sister got into a pretty serious car accident last night. She is injury-free and I'm not allowed to blog about any of the details (familial obligation!), but I'm kind of freaking out a little bit. This was one of my worst nightmares; she just turned 17 and is 5 feet tall and I always worry about her driving because I still see her as my baby sister, and the idea of her maneuvering a vehicle still weirds me out. I dread getting phone calls where my Dad's voice goes all low and somber. I've gotten a couple in my time, believe me, and they never bode well. Luckily everyone is safe and unharmed, just shaken up and with expensive car bills to pay.

My biggest fear is losing someone close to me: when and if it ever happens, I will probably just up and run away and not speak to anyone for awhile, as that is the mature way I handle most of my problems. Perhaps I should take P Diddy's Tweets to heart and learn to better prioritize my life.

Also I just got a text from my sister that my Dad got into a car accident today. WTF? WTF, Roy family? Can we learn how to drive, please? He is also fine but now both of our cars are fucked up. And great, we prob can't afford to fix them cuz of the recession. THANKS, LIFE. My sister adds, "I don't know what's going on but we don't have luck!" Actually we do. Our cars may be broken but our hearts are intact. (Fade out)

-Jess

No comments: