Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Awesome Event at The New School

CELEBRATE WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH WITH THE NEW SCHOOL'S GENDER STUDIES PROGRAM


GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS: GIRLHOOD IN AMERICA

THURSDAY, MARCH 26TH, 6-9 PM66 W. 11TH ST., WOLLMAN HALL (5TH FLOOR)

THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED

A PANEL DISCUSSION WITH:


FELICE BELLE Poet, Playwright, & Former Curator of the Friday Night Slam Series at the Nuyorican Poets Cafe

KATHLEEN HANNA Original Riot Grrrl; Frontwoman of Bikini Kill & Le Tigre; Feminist Activist

CLEOPATRA LAMOTHE Youth Development Coordinator, Bushwick Community High School; Advocate for LGBTQ High School Students

COURTNEY E. MARTIN Editor, Feministing.com; Senior Correspondent, The American Prospect; Feminist Writer & Lecturer KATHLEEN SWEENEY Award-winning Video Artist and Author with a Focus on Pop Culture, Gender, & Iconography

MCKENZIE WARK Professor of Media and Cultural Studies at The New School; Courses Include The Girl as Media Image. The panel will be moderated by ANN SNITOW, Chair of the Gender Studies Program.


This looks like my dream panel. I'll cover it for J&J/potentially NYU Local and I'm trying to get Selena to go with me since it seems to be right up her alley. Let me know if you want to join!


-Jess

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I want to join :(

Nik said...

Kathleen Hanna?
I'm so there.

Jess and Josh said...

@Nik: YAY. Say hi to me! I will prob be there all alone :(

Nik said...

I just realized that I totally missed you at the panel.
Did you go?
I hope so, because it was amazing.