Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fashion People Are Getting Poorer Too

I don't usually cross-post my NYU Local articles on this blog, but since we here at Jess and Josh have some fashionable readers who may not be NYU students (or may simply not be interested in NYU Local, even though you should be because it's great), I'm curious as to your thoughts on this article I wrote about the recession hitting Fashion Week. One of my roommates, who used to go to Parsons and maintains a strong interest in the fashion world, pointed out that designers like Vera Wang have saved themselves by doing lines for major retailers like Kohl's. Agree? Disagree? Or is fashion week totally irrelevant in this, the Worst Recession Ever?

-Josh

1 comment:

LOLSAM said...

Noooo. Fashion is art, art is culture, culture drives the economy. Ugh, I hate it when people shit all over culture that they perceive as "luxury."

So, what I meant to say was: not irrelevant.