Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unanswered Question

I've recently thought to check out the old drafts I've written but not posted. There are a lot of them, and let me assure you, it's really, really funny to read hasty, angry, forgotten rants about stuff that happened between you and your friends months ago. But one draft in particular kept my attention, from last June:

You ever have those moments where you stop what you're doing, even for just a second, and see your future? Not like, "I am jaywalking and there is a car coming, so I should wait by the curb," but really see what lies ahead for you, your career, your social life, the kind of moment that reaffirms your belief in God because no other entity could provide you with such foresight.

I had one of those moments today. My dad was driving me home from the city

What the hell was I talking about?

-Josh

No comments: