Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Bruises

Last night, 20 seconds before midnight, I wiped out while wearing these shoes,

slipped on black ice and broke the shattering fall to the pavement with my FACE. In a few days' time I shall look like a battered housewife. When the clock struck midnight I was clutching my face and trying not to cry/actually crying. This does not bode well for 2009, or else, it was just a real BANG ending for 2008. Either way I'm clumsy and no one should let me combine 4 inch heels, dangerous winter weather and alcohol.

Anyway. Thanks to everyone who came to the party. It was stellar and sorry we started vacuuming at 2am; we thought it'd be a subtle hint that we wanted to go to sleep. DEADBEAT US. Whoever opened the confetti is not allowed back because it took 2+ hours to clean up using tools such as: vacuums, Swiffer Wet Jets, brooms, dustpans and dustbusters. So yeah: Fuck you confetti opener, whoever you were.

HAPPY 2009.
-Jess

2 comments:

Tyler said...

ouch. that doesnt sound like fun. Im glad i dont wear those killer heels. although they look cute!

ontheloo said...

Oww...! Hope it heals quickly!