Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Leighton Meester's Trashy Horrific Past and Bright Musical Future

So Leighton Meester, a.k.a. prime bitch on Gossip Girl, wants to be a singer. In fact, she's got an album coming out this spring. It' will most likely totally suck but still have some fun pop moments, kind of like Gossip Girl! See? Everything comes together.

I came aross this video of Meester singing in a movie called Drive Thru, and then I realized that I've already seen it! It's a hilariously low-budget and ridiculous slasher flick from 2007. I watched it stoned in New Jersey a few months ago. Meester (which totally sounds like Cartman as Edward James Olmos addressing a distinguished gentleman, by the way) plays a vaguely punk rocker who's just too cool for her lame suburban wasteland of a hometown...until all her friends start dying! I think she lives at the end, but trust me, I'm not ruining anything. Anyway, I've only just now made the connection between Meester in that movie and Meester as Blair Waldorf. What can I say? She looks really different with straightened hair. And, like, not-really-expensive clothing.

-Josh

2 comments:

Jess and Josh said...

i really like that song AND her voice. but i have a major girl crush on her so i eat up anything meester.

Jess and Josh said...

Jess, you should also watch this movie with me because they're high like the entire time. Literally, the first half hour of the movie is them getting stoned.

-Josh