Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blackberry, Bitches


I got the Blackberry Curve (in pink!) yesterday and now I'm one of those annoying people who has it glued to her hand in an attempt to look way more important than I actually am. My Dad was initially incredibly against me getting one, because the Data Package is $30/month, but I paid for it all so he couldn't really say no. And now we can Blackberry Message, which actually just means he can subtly bother me all day. Examples of BBM's I have gotten from him:

"I am helping your sister study for physics."
"ok lol"
"meow"

Also he can't type so he accidentally wrote "cumment" instead of "comment" in one of his messages and that typo really weirded me out. EW. Ew.

Anyway. At first I was really worried that having a Bberry would make me even more of a slave to technology than I already am. However, it has actually done the exact opposite. Whereas before when I'd be out for more than an hour I'd get the nagging feeling like "I should go home and check my e-mail....," now I don't get that! Because my e-mail is right in my hand! Always! So I'm free to go around doing my thang (a.k.a. wandering the E. Village aimlessly) without that Black Internet Cloud over my head. And while I don't like the idea of always being available, I still intend to not write back to everyone immediately/not write back to some people at all even if it's rude. Because I'm an independent woman like that.

Now I can officially become a tech nerd: it's a great way to make guys want to fuck me even less. WOOOOOO. But really I was always the dork in the corner of the party talking about blogging; now I'll be the one in the corner of the party Blackberry messaging about blogging.

-Jess

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

No, become the dork in the corner of the party BLOGGING. Blackberry: allowing over-analyzer's everywhere to live the dream!

Jess and Josh said...

BOOBS

-Josh

Jess and Josh said...

i received both of these comments on my BLACKBERRY

Tyler said...

I totally feel the same way with my iphone. Today it turned off for some reason and i couldnt get it to boot back up and i was having a mini panic attack. I always need to have that thing with me. Iphone=life

Nina said...

Don't hate on us internet-obsessed tech nerds :P

Jess and Josh said...

Ninz I am so not! I think we both know I am ONE of them. And by the end of my new media class I'll be the ultimate tech nerd.