Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Think I Found My New Years Eve Dress

In case anyone cares! Heh.

I've been really wanting something backless with long sleeves like Blair from Gossip Girl wore in the Thanksgiving episode. (Yes I am officially obsessed with Leighton Meester; it's pathetic but not as pathetic as my previous obsession with Rachel Bilson when she was on The O.C.) Here's her dress:


I'm sure that shit costs like $8904382 and is made by Philip Lim or something so I am going for a cheap alternative courtesy of hipster hem haven Urban Outfitters:

I am not sold on this yet as it is not long sleeve so if you see anything that fits the description please leave a comment or e-mail me! It's always important to me to have a special and gorgeous New Years Eve dress, which is silly because I have never once had a good New Year's Eve except for once junior year of high school but after drinking a shit ton of tequila that night I scarfed down cold pasta and then threw it up at like 6am. Ooooh, the good old days.

Merry Christmas Eve :)

-Jess

P.S. I love this one. Too bad I don't have three hundred motherfucking dollars to drop on a DRESS.

8 comments:

Sarah A. said...

Ive been eyeing this for almost a year: http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=ROSE-WD1&c=Dresses+-+Fine&s=C

Bruyere said...

http://www.shopbop.com/long-sleeve-waterfall-dress-grace/vp/v=1/845524441827781.htm?folderID=2534374302023681&fm=search-viewall-shopbysize

http://www.shopbop.com/long-sleeve-knot-front-dress/vp/v=1/845524441828775.htm?folderID=2534374302023681&fm=search-shopbysize

EmC said...

http://www.fashionjunkee.com/the-SEXY-BACK-Dress--Boat-Neck-Long-Sleeve-Backless-Mini-Black_p_173-1751.html

Jess and Josh said...

Wow thank you guys. Sarah unfortunately that one is out of stock but it's fucking GORGEOUS.

And I'm probably going to buy at least one of the other three you guys suggested haha.

I also found this one that I'm obsessed with but it's way too expensive:

http://www.shopbop.com/backless-shift-dress-tibi/vp/v=1/845524441833523.htm?folderID=2534374302023681&fm=search-shopbysize

Jess and Josh said...

I love it when already-wildly-overpriced shit is "marked down" so as to only be very overpriced.

-Josh

Sarah A. said...

oh no! that literally went out of stock in between the time i posted it and the time you viewed. guess i can un-bookmark it.

good luck finding a dress though! the one i ordered for new years came and was NOTHING like i wanted it to be.

MRV said...

Is Urban really a 'hipster haven'?

Jess and Josh said...

After visiting the one at my local mall today I will have to say I was wrong about that one. Shows what I know about hipsters! I'll leave that shit to Josh