Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Look Like a Tool

Tell you something you don't know, right? Well, people still seem to think I hate the New School and also don't know how to be a journalist. Even though I write for a blog and not a newspaper, and even though we're not just trying to be an online version of the Washington Square News, and even though everything I said in that article is true except the last line (which is only arguably true), and even though I don't pretend to be a reporter because I don't want to be a reporter.

Anyway, here's what the latest insightful commenter has to say about me:

This site has a tendency to hate on issues they are not familiar with, rather than trying to engage people and ask “Why is this happening?”Why can’t journalists, college or professional level reporters, do this? If Josh Becker did that, more New School “students and web surfers would appreciate it and post items, instead, he looks like a tool.

Gosh, I don't know what to say! That was a double-insult, of both me and the entire Web site! Why is this happening???

Well, Jay, the drama at the New School is happening because the New School hates its president, which was the headline of my article that you hated. Also, New School students can't post items on NYULocal, because it's only written by NYU students. (That's why "NYU" is in the site name!) But I guess it doesn't matter, since I'm "part of the reason why media is going down the toilet in this country." Put that in your resumé and smoke it!

-Josh

1 comment:

Denesteak said...

Yea, I saw that too about two days ago and was just a little appalled by how he took something in a wrong way and just completely ran amok with it.