Monday, November 10, 2008

I Don't Get T-Pain

My friend Danny is sitting next to me in class right now and he saw my desktop background and asked me if I had a boyfriend and, you know. I don't. It's been that kind of week, and it's only Monday.

In fact, the one ray of sunshine today comes courtesy of my friend Jacob, who just sent me this summary of hairstyles Barack Obama should avoid, and while I'm liking the Coolio thing he's got going on in pic number two, I like even more the service it provides, free of charge. The Root, you see, "hosts an interactive genealogical section to trace one's ancestry through AfricanDNA.com." I wish Manhunt offered something like this, only instead of genealogy, it told you who your soul mate was. They could really have fun with it, too; I'm thinking navi-gay-shun.com. Someone buy this domain right now.

In other news (and the original point of this post), this interview with T-Pain pisses me off. Specifically, the part where he talks about those he's influenced with his Auto-Tune:

It's flattering when they ask Lil Wayne the same question and he says, "T-Pain is the reason I even started trying to sing and use Auto-Tune." It's flattering when you got Kanye [West] saying, "I stole all this from T-Pain."

Like, shut the fuck up T-Pain. Lil Wayne and Kanye West are two exceptionally talented emcees and songwriters. You, on the other hand, have somehow managed to mask your otherwise glaring lack of musical ability with GarageBand technology and a knack for surrounding yourself with the right people. So I actually praise your business savvy. But please don't call yourself "sensible." This is not sensible. I can't believe you're a Grammy-award-winner.

Scratch that, I totally can.

-Josh

No comments: