Sunday, October 19, 2008

I went to Barcelona this weekend and all I got was this lousy 48 hour hangover

http://traveldk.com/dkimages/0-barcelona_master.jpg

Ha. Ok, I got tapas too.

I didn't have the internet there either which was freeing but also meant I spent the entire weekend reliving my freshman year by binge drinking in clubs that play remixes of Eurythmics and then going skinny dipping in the Mediterranean while scores of Spaniards gathered off to the side to pretend to... well, I don't know what they were pretending but they were watching us skinny dip and it was awkward. Also, hi, it's October, so it was freezing.

I'd post pictures but David's camera had all of them and it got stolen in the last hours of our trip, along with his cell phone. Barcelona is vivacious and wonderful and stunning but they have a major theft problem.

I also tried Absinthe for the first time and was all "I feel weird," and when someone said they live by the phrase "Go big or go home" I realized I'd probably just prefer to go home and eat ice cream and read a book. (My Grammy and I have a lot more in common than our mutual distrust of fruit sold on the street)

And now, it's almost 8pm, which means sleeping off this beast of a hangover, and waking up dew-eyed and rosy for my 9am-er tomorrow.

I will be back to my regular posting schedule -- with things other than random, ultra personal blurb -- shortly.

-Jess

2 comments:

LOLSAM said...

"when someone said they live by the phrase "Go big or go home" I realized I'd probably just prefer to go home and eat ice cream and read a book."

Yeah.

MRV said...

ah, freshman year - skinny-dipping in the mediterranean... spanish voyeurists... sounds about right. & all this time i thought i was the only one!