Thursday, September 4, 2008

Goddamn Sarah Palin

Ol' Crazy Eyes

I was going to write a whole long diatribe about how much I strongly dislike Sarah Palin, how her sarcasm and glibness are going to translate all wrong to middle America and give women in power an even worse name, how she completely reminds me of friends' moms in high school who would make you brownies but then make you pray before you could eat them and then make a comment about how your dress is a little short. Or, as Wonkette put it:

America, we’ve met Sarah Palin before. It was in junior high. She was that snarling evil god-obsessed nut who punished you constantly and enjoyed nothing more than torture — seeing you tortured, that is. And your parents would never quite believe it because she “seemed like a nice lady,” from a distance, with her squeaky voice.

Then Pareene wrote this and everything I ever had to say about Palin had immediately already been said.

-Jess

2 comments:

jodi said...

I thought this blog post was a great, well-spoken comment on Palin's speech: http://bluepoppy.omworks.com/?sid=698

My Infinite Numbered Days said...

Most absurd decision ever.