Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Class I Didn't Have Today Still Cost Me Lots of Tuition Money

I'm supposed to be in class right now, but we all waited 20 minutes for our professor to show up and he never did. So we left! He's totally Irish so he can't use the Jewish holiday as an excuse. (That said: happy new year, fellow Chosen People!) He's really old; I sincerely hope he's okay, since I've had him as a professor before and I know he's a good guy.

Anyway, now I'm biding my time until my lunch date (platonic! Of course.) I just have a few things I'd like to say:

1. To those who caught my diatribe yesterday...forget what you read. I mean, I believe what I said, and I'm sick of the way certain aspects of the blogosphere are going (enough already, Jesus Christ) and I still hate Twitter, partially because I don't understand it and partially because I don't understand why some people love it so much. But, you know, I don't want to make any enemies because I felt the need to blog about them. Consider my tongue held.

2. Seriously, can we put a moratorium on caring about polls? I know they're kind of important in determining how a candidate's campaign is going, but at the same time, I just don't see the point of them, besides giving talking heads something to blabber about. The red states and blue states are not going to change their minds about who they're voting for in this election, and the swing states won't make up their minds until late October, at the earliest. Obama gains another two points! McCain's catching up! Guess what--they'll probably go back and forth, each hovering around the fifty percent mark, until election day. At the very least, don't take them too seriously, folks!

3. To my friends in Prague: it's burčák season! Burčák is a delicious, partially-fermented wine that tastes like orange juice and "actually gets more alcoholic as it sits on the table." So order up a carafe or three! And maybe send some back to me, because Lord knows wine is cheaper by you. Just saying. No pressure.

4. To my friends here with me in New York: Britney's in town! Let's look for her.

-Josh

1 comment:

jdotmarie03 said...

I really love this blog. Quite honestly. Reading this at work helps pass the time instead of renting cars and writing up contracts, instead I find myself in Paris smoking cigarettes and avoiding busses or curled up in the corner of the library with new appreciation for books. REAL books that have/are still being published.

Thank you!