Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Road Trip Update

So we hit a little snag in the road trip. First, we lost the car we were originally going to use. Then, when we recalculated gas mileage it was just too much money. Finally, we realized we were doing too much driving and not enough... savoring.

So we've reworked the schedule, and found a new car - only it's stick shift, so now I have to learn how to drive it before Aug 16. Luckily everyone else on the trip knows how. We're also now spending the maximum number of days in San Francisco, and we'll be in Denver to hear Hillary speak! Here's our updated schedule, click to enlarge:

My biggest disappointment is that we won't be able to go to New Orleans, which I was really looking forward to, and had already found a great volunteer organization to go through. But, you can't do everything, I suppose.

Now I'm off to the high school parking lot to learn how to drive a stick shift. The last time I tried I really fucking sucked. This should be interesting.

-Jess

No comments: