Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Need Advice

I've been thinking a lot lately about changing my hairstyle. I'm not necessarily talking about a dye job--I've always sort of dreamed of being a blonde, but frankly I think it'd be a terrible look for me--but I want to do something with it. I'm just sick of the jet-black-and-bangs thing I've had going on since the end of freshman year.

So I turn to you, our trusty commenters. What should I do with my hair? Or, should I just leave it the way it is and stop bitching about it? Keep in mind that I was unfortunately blessed with body hair; it's manageable on my chest and back, but my arms and legs are rather bear-ish. I have also thought in the past about shaving my limbs, but whenever I think of the actual mechanics of doing that, I get all creeped out and have to remind myself I'm not a swimmer or bodybuilder or serial killer. Point is, light-colored hair might not be the best thing for me, what with my "hairy cockroach legs" and all (as someone on Oh No They Didn't once put it.)

Also, I won't go bald. And, to answer Jess's inevitable question, NO I WILL NOT GROW A MUSTACHE.

-Josh

9 comments:

Cali Angel said...

Well how about you grow a goatie?! Well My gf shaves her limbs and it looks fine, as long as you don't have tree trunk thick fibers... well you can always wear long sleeves... and a hoodie... hey did you ever try out those free ringtones on that The Hotel Cafe?

LOLSAM said...

first, LOL at that random plug for ringtones above.

second, i think you should look into becoming a cholo.

Helen said...

Don't go blue, it fades riduculously quickly! I gave up on trying and went red a while ago and it's a lot better-lasting...

Just do something fun, it'll grow back! Find a stylist that you trust and tell them to whatever they want! I've done that a few times and it's always exciting (and I haven't ended up with a mohawk yet, so it's all good!).

ninay said...

As a safer bet, maybe just cut your hair two inches shorter? Or get subtle highlights? Or grow a mullet a la Rony! haha

megisonyeauu said...

don't rule out blonde. there are a lot of ways to keep an overall darker color but still throw some blonde in there (i have peek-a-boo blonde pieces on my sides). most salons will do consults for free so just set yourself up an appt and talk to a stylist and explore some options.

ps-i love that you mentioned ONTD. i'm sadly addicted to that site.

Jess and Josh said...

Helen: When I was younger I WANTED blue hair. Like I asked my parents every single day. I don't know why, I guess the Pokemon/anime thing influenced me after all, but yeah.

Megisonyeauu: I've thought about something like you mentioned with the blonde on the side. I feel like it still allows you to have some blonde in your hair while lacking the tawdriness of, say, straight-up highlights.

-josh

Jess and Josh said...

PS: Cell phone man, I will not check out your ring tones, but I give you credit for at least making your advertisement relevant to my post.

Scarlett said...

grow a mustache [=

Marshall said...

Have you tried some delicious SPAM?