Wednesday, July 9, 2008

GODDAMN

So I was linked to by Feministing and this is a very big deal to me. As in, I read the site daily and also read and own Jessica Valenti's Full Frontal Feminism: A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters and even got it for my Mom as a Christmas present this year and okay even my Facebook references Jessica Valenti.That said...YES! I will abstain from categorizing her as a "feminist hero" as that has stirred up quite a shitstorm in the blogosphere, but I will say that I very much admire Valenti and the work that she does. So I'm just awestruck and delighted to even be subtly referenced in one of her posts. YAY.

-Jess

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, thanks! I hope you liked the book. I've been really enjoying your blog these past few days, and think you've handled the influx of readers and commenters with a lot of class. I know it ain't easy to all of a sudden get a shittonof hits!

Jess and Josh said...

Thank you, Jessica! I'm honored by your reference/comments. Seriously.

Jessica Valenti said...

That's totally sweet, you're welcome. If you ever want to chat feminism/blogging/whatever, feel free to shoot me an email. My sister and I have also been planing these Feministing happy hours lately if you're interested... I'm so self-promoting it's gross, I know. ;)

Becca said...

You are quickly becoming MY feminist hero, and I'm three years older than you! This is nuts, congrats, this is really actually inspiring.