Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blogger, I Love You, But Actually You're Unnecessarily Difficult to Use

So, like, wow.

I know, right?

Anyway, we're been discussing this for a while but, given the recent attention we (read: Jess) have been given recently, we figured it's about time...to move!

Not right now, but in the near future, expect to see us with our very own domain name. We'll be using a WordPress template, yes, but I've recently discovered that WordPress is a much better blogging platform than this one, just because it gives you a lot more options in terms of layout and stat tracking and stuff like that--and you don't have to know miles of code in order to access them.

So...stay tuned for that. We will let you know for sure when the time comes. BUT EVERYONE SHOULD START THEIR COUNTDOWNS NOW, OBVS.

-Josh

4 comments:

ninanyc said...

Josh, Sam, and I all have our own domains with Wordpress blogs now. Word.

Shawn said...

Have you guys considered placing ads on your site with google adsense or something like that?

I bet you guys would make a bit of money.

stephanerd said...

Oh lord, I started out on LiveJournal before deciding to branch out to bigger and better things, and then switched all my content over to WordPress.com. Since then, I've started another blog over at WordPress.org, which allows for even greater flexibility. Hurrah for WordPress! I actually did up a post (for one of my many employers) on different blogging platforms, if you wanted to weigh pros and cons:

http://smarterthanyouraverageblog.com/archives/finding-a-home-for-your-work-the-best-blogging-platform-for-you

ProBlogger.net is also a fabulous source of information.

Jess and Josh said...

I would love to use wordpress.org (for both this site and my photo sidekick), if I could figure it out for the life of me.

-Josh