Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Topshop's New York Fall '08 Line Makes Me Foam at the Mouth

Earlier I announced (rather belatedly) that beloved London-based clothing chain Topshop would be opening a store in SoHo on Broadway between Broome and Grand. Well the Fall 2008 line has just been released and I practically began seizing at my desk. The main word that echoed through my mind and pretty much defines this line is STRUCTURED: corseted mini-dresses that flare out at the waist, tailored sportscoats paired with delicate silk and chiffon dresses, lots of black, navy and white, and even some sequins. And with all the plaids, I definitely sense a Vivienne Westwood touch. For clothes that generally don't cost more than 100 pounds/item in London, these look exquisite and expensively made. I cannot wait to get my hands on the pale pink collared dress with the layered bottom. Below are some of my favorite looks:









-Jess

No comments: