Monday, May 12, 2008

Doctors Jess and Josh, Medicine Women

So this morning I slept through my final. Bad! Luckily, there's some sort of senior make-up exam tomorrow morning (same time, same place), so I'm gonna take that instead. Better!

The reason I slept through my final is probably that I was up until 6:30 this morning coughing and not being able to breathe and feeling like my throat was going to dry up and crack into a thousand sore pieces. It's allergy season, yes, but I feel like something else is going on here; I shouldn't feel like I have emphysema whenever my allergy medicine wears off. It's probably just a bad cold, but it still sucks, and my Zyrtec D ain't cuttin' it.

So I ask you, the readers. Do you guys have any suggestions for dealing with bad colds? I've cut back on the smoking (I know, I know, I should stop, at least right now, but cutting back is a start, right?) and drink plenty of green tea. Also, my one tried-and-true panacea for any illness is to complain about it incessantly. But do you guys have any other suggestions? Maybe some home remedies that sound ridiculous but actually maybe work really well? There is an acupuncturist's office beneath a goth club two blocks away from my dorm. How shady can it be, right?

-Josh

4 comments:

ashley said...

zicam is supposed to be amazing...I have yet to try it though but my family swears by it

Anonymous said...

Sleep is usually good. And easy.

Jess and Josh said...

Vitamins. Get the men's health vitapack at GNC. I swear by the woman's pack; they've kept me from getting sick a lot.

Lots and lots of fluids to flush out the sickness and open your sinuses. Emergen-c is a miracle worker, and Dhani, Ashley and I have a box of about 300 packs if you want some for free.

And alternating tapping the center of your forehead above the bridge of your nose and thrusting your tongue onto the roof of your mouth rocks your sinus bone back and forth, allowing your sinuses to drain.

The best cure is to STOP COMPLAINING, though.

Jess and Josh said...

I am actually about to take a nap.

And yeah, I bought some Vitamin C pills and have been taking one each day and they actually have helped me feel better.