Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Speaking Up Pays Off. Literally.

I'm sure by now you all have read a myriad of my scathing exposés about John Sexton and his seeming intent to deplete NYU's resources in shocking and unfair ways.

Well, my persistence paid off. Literally.

I just got an e-mail from the Senior VP of Alumni Relations, who was present at the meeting where I spoke up to J. Sex, that I have been approved for a $2,000 grant for Study Abroad. Not a loan! I don't have to pay it back! Just $2,000 that my parents don't have to pay, and that I'm not expected to make this summer. Maybe I won't have to work 60 hours/week afterall.

If anything this is a lesson in dissent. Even corporations like NYU have to listen to the little guy sometimes. Please keep dissenting. It's the only way we're going to get anything done around here.

- Jess

4 comments:

nk said...

That's great news, Jess!

Bianca Reagan said...

Hooray for you!

Cody Brown said...

Hurahh.

Matt said...

so you're not selling dope this summer?