Friday, March 14, 2008

Welcome to the Wiiniverse


Josh loves Wii, my co-worker Trevor loves Wii, David's roommates own Wii, and my 3 year old cousin is better at it than me. But I don't get the concept of Wii.


Wii is kind of like a really obvious comment on American consumerism. Why go out bowling with your friends when you can stay at home and pretend to bowl? Why go out into the world and interact with people when you can do so via a headset? Why get exercise when you can move your arms in circular patterns and high kick in the air like a karate master?


Admittedly, I've yet to try Wii. Perhaps I would like it, perhaps I would just be caught up in a ball of negativity about how I could be out right now (not that I leave my apartment that much anyway). One thing's for sure: I am probably a better virtual bowler, because I can't bowl for shit in real life.


-Jess

No comments: