Sunday, March 16, 2008

Reporting live from a suburban hellhole

My dog Cocoa

There are good things about being home, mainly:

1. Digital Cable On Demand
2. Free food
3. My gym has TVs attached to the treadmills
4. My dog
5. Wawa

There are bad things about being home:

1. I can never fall asleep because it's too fucking quiet. I need noise. I need garbage trucks and fighting drunken tourists and honking cabs.
2. My sister has grown into a 16 year old brat. I can't really talk because I was a disaster in high school, but she fights with my parents constantly.
3. Shuttling back and forth between my Dad's and Mom's is an unpleasant reminder of so many bad high school memories.

I did watch Gone Baby Gone and Beautiful Ohio last night, both of which were absolutely incredible. I got high and ate Nature's Valley Granola Cereal. I slept in and went to the gym and watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians. But now I am going back to New York. To all of you spending the break in suburban hell: Josh and I feel for you, and we will drink to you, and we will also probably laugh at you.

-Jess

2 comments:

Marshall said...

Why iz Cocoa so angry?

Jess and Josh said...

he doesn't like having his picture taken but SHUT UP he's adorable.