Friday, March 28, 2008

Questionnaire


As I nurse this hangover and "look for a job," here are some questions that have been on my mind today:

1. Does anyone really care about American Idol anymore? I mean, at this point, isn't it just all the people who get rejected from earlier seasons? And besides Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood (I refuse to acknowledge Clay Aiken), has there even been another truly successful Idol alumnus?

2. Why does Urban Outfitters seem to think that its male customers are just faux-frat-boy southerners who have nothing better to do than sit in their lawn and look sullen? Okay, I get the sullen thing, but seriously? Jersey tees? Am I in the closet again? Jeez.

3. Ugh. Sometimes I really don't know what century we're living in.

4. Am I the only one who gets a sudden, strong rush of nostalgia when watching this? My grandparents have this rug in their house that looks kind of like a world map, sort of, if you squint and kind of forget about Asia. Whenever I was there I would pretend that my grandma and grandpa were the hosts of the show and I'd run around the rug, identifying "countries" and winning "prizes." Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad stoner game now. Also, I wonder what my grandpa is like when he's high.

5. Can you tell that I had nothing better to write about today? What can I say, not every day is an inspiring one.

-Josh

No comments: