Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm trying to right my wrongs but it's funny those same wrongs helped me write this song



I don't know much about Kanye West or hiphop in general. But Kanye's performance at the Grammy's last night made me feel the way you do in the throes of an orgasm; chills all over, goosebumps, almost tears. The dichotomy between his performances of "Stronger" and "Hey Mama" is exactly why I love him (and am starting to get more into him). He can make me stand up and dance to this mashed up Daft Punk song, but what sets him apart from other rappers is the tenderness he showed during "Hey Mama." I doubt there was a dry eye in the place. Ask Jay-Z to sing about tenderness and he'll talk about leaving some bitch or some hoe. Maybe it was the fact that he was in that awful car crash and discovered this thing about life that we're all still struggling for; whatever it is, this made me cry.

Also, he's hot.

-Jess

No comments: