Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A little note

You'll notice we spent absolutely no time compiling end of the year lists that summed up how awesome/awful 2007 was. That's because I fucking hate those lists. They ruin the solitary innocence of nostalgia. I'm so sick of people writing Top 10 Films of 2007 lists or Top 10 Worst Celebrity Moments lists. Ok, Lindsay went to rehab 89032 times. Do we need to rehash it, in numerical form? M.I.A.'s Kala will always be everyone's #1 album. Everyone in Hollywood getting knocked up will always make for a juicy countdown. But honestly, I don't care. I'm looking to the future. I'm looking forward to Jamie-Lynn's baby being born with drug-induced deformities because Mama Lynn spiked her milk with steroids that would make her want to act as a child. I'm enjoying the pre-glow of Lindsay's next coke debacle, not her previous ones. So I hope no readers were offended with our lack of end of the year lists. Now you know: we hate them.

-Jess

No comments: