Saturday, January 5, 2008

Getting pwned by Senator Schumer

So I sent Senator Schumer an e-mail about making birth control more affordable. As a 19 year old girl in college, birth control is so expensive I'd almost rather settle for knowing that I'll be having an abortion. This was the response I got:

Thank you for your e-mail. Each and every piece of correspondence I receive is important because it allows me to better understand the New Yorkers I serve in the United States Senate.
As you can imagine, my office receives a great number of messages every day regarding a variety of issues – this is particularly true of e-mails. It makes me proud to know that my constituents take an active role in our government by corresponding with me, and I look forward to responding to your concerns in greater detail. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that your e-mail has been received, and to ask for your patience until I send you a more detailed response.
Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to visit my website http://schumer.senate.gov to follow my work in the Senate and to learn more about the services my office can provide to you.
Warmest regards

So I sent him this e-mail:

Fuck your form e-mail. I doubt your assistant's assistant even read my letter.

He sent me back the same exact form letter.

And then people wonder why America's youth are so apathetic towards the political process!

-Jess

No comments: