Friday, December 7, 2007

Do The Write Thing


Jessica needs to come up with a title for her final manuscript.

JESS: im so tempted to dedicate it as-- And to all of the people I wrote about: Thanks for the fodder, assholes.
JESS: ok this is my dedication
To Josh, for understanding the things I thought no one ever would.
And to New York: You’re tearing me apart, and I’ve never felt better.
JESS: and this is my epigraph -Words alone could never save us. -The Hold Steady
JOSH: thats amazing
JOSH: great quote too, though maybe leave it not-attributed
JESS: LOL
JESS: yeah i was thinking that
JOSH: LOL
JESS: do you think i can do that without getting in trouble?
JOSH: nope
JOSH: maybe just make it an elliott smith quote
JOSH: like "maybe i'll kill myself" -elliott smith
JESS: LOL that would be so funny
JOSH: it would be dark humor, always a positive in writing
JESS: Words alone could never save us. - H.S.
JESS: that way im attributing it but initializing it
JOSH: but then it could be like...harry s truman
JESS: lol
JOSH: lol
(Yeah, we say "lol" too much. So sue us.)
JESS: i really want to put that elliott smith quote as my last page
JOSH: how about
(We then started bitching about people we know. That led to...)
JOSH: lol you're full o' rage
JESS: i know
JOSH: you have this angry underside that sometimes surfaces when you're pissed at someone
JESS: haha yeah. ew i feel so gross
JESS: i slept at justin's unexpectedly so im wearing the clothes i wore yesterday and his deoderant and no makeup
JOSH: CLASSY
JESS: ugh i really need a title
JESS: motherfuck
JOSH: ummm why cant it be "my work"
JESS: lol
JOSH: no seriously like why cant you do that
JOSH: who cares about the title?
JESS: i care
JESS: im taking this way too seriously. i'm like pretending i'm sending it to random house.
JESS: i'm a loser
JESS: what if i called it 32 seconds, its a line from one of my poems
JOSH: eh
JOSH: thats like an n+1 title
JESS: i want something good but i'm apparently retarded
JESS: thanks dick
JOSH: how about
JOSH: "the square root of my heart is this sadness you've left me with"
JOSH: appeal to the math-nerd demographic
JESS: you're ridiculous
JOSH: how about
JOSH: "These paragraphs, and the fall of woman, in this eternal grace"
JOSH: just make it realllly pretentious
JESS: lololol
JOSH: i'm retarded
JOSH: call it "Working Title"
JOSH: SEE WHAT IM DOING THERE? ITS SELF-REFERENCING
JESS: "Thanks"
JESS: can i call it "the kids are alright" without 1) stealing a song lyric from some 60s band and 2) sounding like an asshole?
JOSH: yes to 2, no to 1
JOSH: how about "I LIKE PILLS I NEED THEM YESSSS"
JESS: i should just call it "I wrote this when I was stoned"
JOSH: LOL why lie
JOSH: "Weed's good"
JOSH: "The man with the red hair winked at me without moving the rest of his face"
JESS: LOL
JOSH: "The dot over the letter ‘i’ is called a tittle."
JOSH: "Tittles of my heart"
JOSH: "I tittled you"
JOSH: "Tittles missing, heart breaking, my life is a crevice and you are all falling in"
JESS: "the resurrection will not be televised"
JESS: "danny bonadouchebag"
JESS: "if you stop in the middle of the sidewalk i will punch you"
JOSH: "A pregnant goldfish is called a twit"
JESS: LOL
JESS: this is getting out of hand
JESS: "i have one hand"
JOSH: "I sneeze with my eyes open"
JOSH:ROSES ARE RED VIOLETS ARE BLUE IM ALLERGIC TO BOTH FUCK IT ALL ACHOOOO"

As of this posting, she still has no idea what to call her manuscript. Suggestions?

No comments: