Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blue Man Group reaps outcomes both wonderful and terrifying

Last night I went to see the Blue Man Group at the Astor Place Theatre. I was so high I could barely see two feet in front of me without the whole world turning into a lovely mess of colors and shapes. I want to try to explain my experience, but I don't think I can. Suffice to say this:

Seeing the Blue Man Group stoned was the most bizarre experience of my entire life. There was lots of toilet paper. I felt like the whole audience was in on the show but me. They tried to put a spotlight on us because we were late. The blue men came INTO the audience and STARED at me. They had these holes in their chest that Captain Crunch came out of. There were drums and pipes and streamers and colors and ahh. This was my friend David's take on it:
"I felt like I was seeing my death. Actually, it was like I was seeing before I was born....... I don't want to talk about it."

I started this entry with the intention of trying to explain the power of blue. Now I see that some things simply cannot be explained. Here's a picture of Tobias:


-Jess

No comments: